Facility Use Policy
St. John's Lutheran Church campus is a resource to engage and equip people to embrace Jesus Christ. As our witness to Christ in the community, the facilities are available to community organizations whose values align with the core values of St. John's:
- receiving grace
- welcoming all
- inviting the unchurched
- gathering in community
- learning and living in God's Word
Due to limited space and staff resources:
- St. John's activities, events, and meetings take priority over external requests
- not all requests will be honored
- the church reserves the right to accept or deny the use of the building at any time
Guidelines and procedures for facility use
- The St. John's campus may be used by strategic partners, members for life milestone events, and identified ministry/community partners when building and staff resources are available.
- Requests from community groups, non-St. John's ministries, and social service agencies not designated as a St. John's strategic or community partner must be approved by the pastors. Guidelines for consideration include: alignment with our core values, connection to a staff or congregation member, or relationship to current strategic priorities.
- Due to limited staff and facility resources, the building will typically not be available for use by a for-profit business or non-member life event.
- Building use is only allowed when a staff member is present in the building.
- In order to ensure a welcoming and inviting atmosphere, St. John's staff or trained volunteers will be available to greet and facilitate as needed for large, one-time events.
- Recurring meetings are allowed to hold meetings without a staff person present in the meeting, however contact information must be provided for the lead person in case of emergency.
- Scheduling—Anyone wanting to use the church facilities should contact the church office to discuss availability, options, and user fees.
- Scheduling is on a first-come, first-served basis, as available.
- St. John's reserves the right to move a scheduled event to a different part of the building, assist with rescheduling the event, or cancel an event if necessary to accommodate a funeral or other unforeseen St. John's ministry need.
- Usage outside of St. John's normal business hours is discouraged. When an exception is made, there will be an additional charge for staff overtime.
- User fees and room accommodations will be discussed.
- Payment—Payment must be received in the church office at least one week prior to the scheduled event. The Senior Pastor and Executive Director of Business Operations have the authority to waive or adjust user fees considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Liability Issues
- St. John's required a Release of Liability form to be signed prior to building use.
- Outside organizations must provide a Certificate of Insurance that assures the organization assumes all liability related to the scheduled function.
- Individuals and/or groups will be responsible for any damage caused by their use.
- Adult supervision is required for all youth under 18 years of age.
- Set-up and Clean-up
- All set-up needs as understood by St. John's will be confirmed and agreed to on the signed Event Form prior to the scheduled event.
- All areas used during the rental event should be left in the same, or better, condition as they were found.