St. John’s nurseries welcome all children, ages 6 weeks to 3 old. The nursery is available during all Sunday worship services. The infant and toddler nurseries are located off the Upper Balcony in bright, welcoming facilities.
Health and Safety Procedures
- All volunteers and staff members (18 years of age and older) have had a background check and thorough training.
- Two nursery workers will be present when the nursery is staffed.
- Pagers are given to parents during the check-in process in the event of illness, injury, or excessive crying (longer than 10 minutes).
- Food is not permitted in the nursery due to allergy concerns.
- Children will be released only to the parent with the pager after sign-out procedures are followed.
Children must be free from illness and symptoms for 24 hours from the last occurrence. Any child with the any of the following illness/symptoms is not permitted into the nursery:
- fever (100 degrees or higher before the use of fever reducers)
- runny nose (thick green or yellow mucus discharge)
- severe/persistent coughing that interferes with activities
high-pitched, croupy, or whooping sound/cough
If a child who has recently been in the nursery is diagnosed with a communicable disease (pink eye, ringworm, scabies, scarlet fever, strep throat, impetigo, shingles, mononucleosis, head lice, viral or bacterial meningitis, or fifth disease), the Nursery Director must be notified immediately.
Contact: Tara Pendleton