We extend Christian compassion and concern to congregational members in particular need of support and encouragement through Christian care, prayer, meal, and health ministries. If you are gifted in sharing compassion with those who struggle, this ministry needs you! If you are in need of this ministry, please let us know. We are here for you!
Contact: Gudrun Dunt
- BeFriender Ministry—a listening presence
- Telecare—annual friendly calls to member households
- Caregivers—expressions of Christian concern through cards, notes, and prayers
- Grief and Loss (Journey through Grief) Materials—a set of four short books sent to those who are grieving at four crucial times during the first year after a loved on has died. These are used in addition to pastoral support
We practice prayer as a conversation with God. It is the foundation of all we do as individuals and as a congregation. St. John's Prayer Chain and weekly prayer group are dedicated to prayer and will treat prayer requests with confidentiality and pray faithfully. Requests can be designated for pastoral staff only, prayer chain, or public prayers during worship services.
- Prayer Chain members gather for the purpose of praying for members in need.
- Prayer Shawl members gather for the purpose of knitting or crocheting prayer shawls—providing a reminder of love during times of prayer.
- Thursday Prayer group meets at 10:45 AM Thursdays in the Chapel to pray for members, ministries of the church, the community, and the world. All are welcome to join and bring prayer concerns.
Meals are provided for those who have been ill, hospitalized, or recovering; for families who have welcomed a new baby, adopted, or are fostering a child; for families and friends who wish to gather to express their support and sympathies following a funeral or memorial service.
Health and Wellness
- Blood pressure screening / first Sunday of each month, Balcony
- Yoga / 11 AM Saturdays, Loft